Monday, May 19, 2014

Hello all! Well, I surmise that what will function as a sufficient description of these past weeks is the word brutal. Physically, spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and all the chaos in between.  Naturally there's a beginner's apprehension toward the many facets of the work, but it's been exhaustingly aggravated with my ADD. It's frustrating. When I make a mistake or am reminded of something which should easily be remembered, the logic unveiled is not exactly foreign. It becomes more of a mutated memory than a factual remembrance. And that's been difficult for me as well as my companion.  When I am struck with these ridiculous realizations, I'm honestly embarrassed. If circumstances were otherwise, my memory would serve me loyally. ADD weighs down not only attention span, but memory. It's a challenge not to forsake myself. What sparks my rejuvenation is my knowledge that I'm not an idiot. I just have a stumbling block. I know that as I fast and pray humbly, that The Lord will compensate for weakness, but I must do all that I can to assist the process.

On a more positive note, we finally have a progressing investigator named George. He's been reading the Book of Mormon, has committed to be baptized, and will be attending church meetings this upcoming Sunday. Teaching has definitely lessened the aches and pains of the mind. People matter more and more to me as I abide in their homes and connect with their families. I'm thankful for the Spirit and it's ability to transcend man made chasms of prejudice and malcontent. Other prospective baptisms are two nine year-old girls from two part-member families. I have faith that The Lord will have three new children by the end of this transfer.

Anyway, glad to hear that everyone is well and occupied. Congrats Dad (on going back to work full-time).
Well I love all of you so very much. Have family home evening tonight and each of you share your favorite story from the Book of Mormon and how it adds to your testimony. I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment