Monday, July 13, 2015

It's been a long time...

I apologize for not having written for a couple of weeks. Once a
slacker, always a slacker, am I right? J.k. the Atonement is real. So
PLEASE accept my repentance.

These last couple weeks have been filled with much introspection and
growth. That always seems to happen when you are training a new
missionary. Elder Wells is a great elder, and he's a quick learner, so
its been a blast to be his companion for these last three weeks. I'll
send some pictures of us together in another email today.

We have two people to be baptized on the 25th of July, so we're pretty
excited about that. The only problem is getting them to attend church
regularly and helping them keep the Word of Wisdom. But we have faith
that they'll be able to overcome these difficulties and be baptized
and retained. Another experience I've gained on my mission is helping
clean up after a tornado hits. Three weeks ago a tornado hit Coal
City, Illinois, which is in our stake. It tore down and damaged the
majority of the homes in this small town, and a couple of days
following the hit, all of the missionaries in the stake were called in
to help with the clean up. So we went for a few hours and helped clear
A LOT of debris.
This Saturday we went back, and the condition of the own is still
pretty rough, and we spent a lot of time clearing sidewalks and
streets of shingles and other debris, but the residents were very
appreciative of our service, which always helps me feel the Holy
Ghost.

Other than that, not a lot is going on. We knock on A LOT of doors in
this area. It's awesome. I used to loathe knocking on people's doors
because for some reason I felt like we were bothering them. I now
realize that that was just the fear of man. I now see it as an
opportunity to bear testimony of the Restoration of the Gospel of
Jesus Christ, of the divinity of the Book of Mormon, of the Plan of
Salvation, and the prophetic legacy of the Prophet Joseph Smith.
Bearing testimony of Joseph Smith is becoming more and more important
to me because of President Fenn. I don't know if you're aware of this,
but he and Sister Fenn finished their mission, and now we have
President and Sister Griffin (pictures will be sent). In my final
interview with President Fenn, he offered the prayer, which he never
did, and he blessed my that I would be a fearless defender of the
Prophet Joseph Smith. So I am trying to live up to the blessing which
he gave me. Love you mom.


-Elder Vincent Campbell
President and Sister Fenn

President and Sister Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment